We wait for the birds’ arrival, and while we wait, we count our blessings on this journey of 1,000 Gifts.
15. Matching my steps to smaller ones.
14. The anticipation in hanging up a bird feeder.
13. Slippers keeping my feet warm.
12. Safe travels on busy roads.
11. A husband who took the reins, giving me a day off.
10. Relatives close enough to help.
9. Illnesses not serious enough to warrant antibiotics.
8. Staying in pjs all day.
7. an observant postal worker who “saved Christmas” despite
6. ice cream in bed