Today was another experiment with knits. I made 4 sets of legwarmers or babylegs using my own pattern. There are many tutorials out there for making these from store-bought adult socks; I had plenty of knit scraps that worked just as well.
Not sure all of these will be stretchy enough, but I was especially going for warm. These are for a newborn and I wanted them to fit during the upcoming winter months. Many of the tutorials I saw looked like the end result might be too big for a small baby.
I cut my fabric 7” x 13” for each legwarmer. Ribbing was 2 1/2” x 4 7/8 before it was doubled over. I used 1/4” seam allowances and experimented a little with sewing the seam allowances down, but that turned out to be a little more than my patience could take. I’m hoping that the seam allowances won’t be irritating to baby’s legs.