Successes from May’s continuing challenge to reduce energy usage and make homemade natural cleaners and bath products:
I made homemade dish and hand soap, thanks to some great info from LolaNova.
I also made three makeshift rain barrels by covering three plastic barrels with two layers of netting. These will mainly be used for watering flowers. Also, everything has been planted in the garden except for our corn, potatoes, tomatoes, and eggplant—we’re way behind, but waiting for the weather to cooperate for final tilling.
During June I would like to finish the garden, make homemade shaving cream (again, thanks to LolaNova), and wrap up our energy audit improvements!