13 is . . .
- the beginning of something new.
- bold, confident.
- excited about opening presents, but trying not to show it.
- letting your little brother sit on your lap to help you open presents–partly to shield you from your audience, but mainly because, in your words, he was the best thing about 12.
- discovering more about who you are.
- confusing and challenging.
- gracious about a slightly singed cheesecake.
- a hollow leg to fill to feed that jumble of growing mind and body.
- still very young (to us old people).
- exasperating at times.
- here much too soon.
Happy Birthday, Jr.!