Continuing on with our story from yesterday . . .
And so, only sewing remained. I planned to finish it once and for all over Thanksgiving vacation when I would “have more time”. For once my procrastination, lack of time, something intervened.
One fall off a bike, trip to the hospital, and diagnosed broken arm later, I realized with a start that those long-planned-for black velveteen sleeves would no longer fit over a large splint (and then later a blue cast).
My mom once again came to the rescue with the idea of cutting bias-cut cast-worthy sleeves from the leftover taffeta scraps. Genius I tell you.
Finally, 1 year later, the dress made it’s debut at Bug’s Christmas Concert. (Wait ‘til I tell you what project I was furiously working on even as I sat in the audience—thus why I have no pictures from said concert with it’s wearer in it with the blue cast oh-so-easily fitted through the bias-cut, cast-worthy sleeves).
But here are the pictures I took after the fact: